Friday, May 23, 2014

Dust Bunnies, Hairballs, and Monsters in the Dark


I found this thing in a dark corner when I was cleaning yesterday. Does anyone know what it is?

This time of year I have to clean a lot. The cats are shedding in two different colors of fur. It only takes Gollie a week to shed, she doesn't have much hair. Such a delicate little thing, you know.


Velcro sheds constantly, but worse this time of year. I need to give her a bath. This is a chore I put off as long as I can. She's not bad, she actually behaves pretty well and enjoys the warm water. It's just that all the loose hair gets wet and sticks to everything. My clothes, my arms, the sink. I will vacuum her first, but it's still messy.

This is the first time Wesley has shed in his short life. He will turn 1 on June 1st. I'm surprised one of us girls (me, Gollie, Velcro) hasn't killed him by now. He gets a little better all the time, though. A little better at opening drawers and emptying their contents on the floor. A little better at hiding behind things and jumping out at the last minute. But also a little better about not biting or scratching. Sometimes he even slows down and wants a hug.


In 4 or 5 years he might be a decent cat.

Anyway, I was vacuuming cat hair out of all the corners, chasing dustballs down the halls (they run under the bed and hide), and worrying about scaring up a wasp or two (they come out this time of year), when back in a dark corner, I ran into the terrifying monster shown above. It was making a low, gurgling noise... I hoped it wasn't rabid. I hoped I could handle it by myself, I don't know where Bob put the gun. It's only an airsoft gun, but that would be better than my feather duster.

I'm not fooling you, am I? You knew it was Wesley all the time. Upside down cat mouths are pretty scary, even when they're attached to a dork.




5 comments:

Practical Parsimony said...

No, I did not know it was Wesley, but I figured it was something less lethal than a monster.

Yorkshire Pudding said...

That first picture will give me nightmares when I hit the sack tonight. Calling Wesley a "dork" is most unfriendly - and if I might be so bold - a term of abuse that is unbecoming of a lady!

One Fly said...

I was wondering what the hell is going on here. Yuk Yuk. Keep after mine ALL the time as well.

Terry and Linda said...

You would be terribly lost without Wesley!!!

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife@wordpress.com

One Fly said...

I think she could use Stretch too Linda - plus I would deliver.