I didn’t realize cats were so much like chickens. You can keep a bunch of cockerels together and they all get along until you take one or two out for a couple of days - like take them to a show. When you return, you can’t put them back in the communal pen or they’ll get beaten up.
These cats have lived together for 4 and 5 years. I could understand if they were all hostile to George, but the sillies are picking on each other.
Gollie is hissing at Velcro, formerly her best friend in the world.
Charley has learned to growl, and he’s growling at everyone. Velcro sits right by the feed bowl and screeches at any other cat that even comes into the room. George just finds a place to sleep and ignores them all. I don’t know if the other 3 are still upset from going to the vet, or because George is sharing the house. Cats are extremely conservative, they just don’t like change.
I dealt with it all by running away for the day. There was a workshop for art teachers at SCOE that I was kindly invited to attend. The topic was painting on gourds. It was fun.
By the time I got home, Charley was trying to figure out a way to get George to play.
Maybe tomorrow will be back to normal.
2 comments:
I wonder if has anything to do with Velcro smelling different from her bath? Do cats recognize each other by smell or sight? Chickens recognize each others facial features, so modifying those (a la Old English cockerels) makes them have no idea that they actually know each other. Same thing if you tape a big red fake comb on their head!
See ya tomorrow, probably 8:45ish.
A friend named George pointed out that with the markings on the new cat's tummy, he should have been named "Target."
Sorry, he's George now. He has a rabies tag with that name, it's like getting a social security number, very hard to change your name once it's in the system.
Post a Comment