The Ranch House Barbecue in Glen Rose was a strange experience. When we got there, the parking lot was full and we had to wait a little while to be seated, which is usually a good sign. It was fairly early in the day.
I forget what we ordered, it was something yummy like brisket or ribs, there were a lot of meat dishes on the menu. But the waitress soon came back and said they were all out of meat, except for sausage. Huh?
I don’t even remember what I had, it was marginal. Merlene had the sausage. A single, nondescript, little sausage that looked like it came from Costco, cut into slices. If I remember, it was on a paper plate with a few beans and something else. It looked more like a school lunch than a restaurant meal. It certainly didn’t match the fare on the other diners’ plates, which looked like they'd been heaped with all sorts of meaty, greasy goodies.
This place seems to have good reviews online from people who got there before the food ran out, but several reviewers (I read later) had the same experience we did.
2 comments:
WE had the sausage, coleslaw, and beans. Meat and two sides--yes, you described it accurately--practically nothing on the plate.you had tea. and it came to over $11. Crooks.
But you neglected to describe the cute little waitress with the sparkly belt, short shorts, and congenital hip thrusting, resulting in her grinding her crotch against our table. I say congenital because I can't think of a good reason tip-wise she would want to do that for two elderly women not drinking beer. M
Ah yes, our waitress, Daisy Duke. I wasn't paying too much attention to her, except she was the ONLY person we ran across on the whole trip who had a pronounced Southern accent. Mostly I was gawking around the restaurant trying to figure out what people were eating.
Post a Comment