I finally made good use of a day off, and I didn't even have a plan, it just happened that way.
This morning I dropped by Katherine's to give her some books on CD. I got to meet her older brother and his friend from England. I read brother Doug's blog, so it was fun meeting him. Doug's friend Robin is the botanist who identified my weed, even though it's not native to England.
I left Katherine's on my way to the feed store. As I went through Wilton I suddenly realized it was Wednesday and that Wilton Garage would be open. Guess what? After 4 years (5 years? I forget) my truck will be coming home next Wednesday. It still doesn't work, they just parked it in a corner and there it's stayed all this time. That's OK, I didn't need it and couldn't have driven it until recently anyway. I'm hoping my brother is still interested in seeing what he can do with it. If Jerry can't fix it, it can't be fixed.
There's a new little feed store in Wilton. I stopped there to see what was going on. I already go to 2 really good feed stores, but like to encourage new businesses like this. We've lost so much to urbanization in this county, it's good to see something that's not another video store or pizza place. It was really fun talking to the owners. They have a 10 year old son who might be interested in showing poultry.
I stopped at the gas station on the corner and filled my tank, then decided to go inside to the Subway sandwich shop and get a spinach salad. While I was eating my salad, I noticed that the very good looking young fellow sitting next to me (where were you Katherine?) was wearing Vibram toe shoes. So I pulled my chair to his table and we talked shoes. He has exactly the same problem I've had: it takes a long time just to get the shoes pulled on. I was happy to hear that a strong young fellow has that problem. I thought I just couldn't get the shoes on because I'm old and feeble and my hands don't work very well.
This afternoon Bob helped me move the young Anconas into the big Ancona pen. They seem to be doing OK, but it just got dark and I'll need to go out and make sure they're on a perch and not all curled up next to the fence, where a raccoon could grab them.
My last chore of the afternoon was to wash all my bedding. The wind blew last week, I left the window open when I went to work in the morning and by that afternoon there was a fine layer of dust all over everything. I had put all the bedding in a corner until I had time to deal with it. I love my Hampton House comforter, but it has a white duvet cover that's hard for me to handle by myself. I don't know how the hotel maids do it. Maybe I should stop by a Hampton Inn and ask. By the time I get it put back together tonight, I'll be ready to climb right into that bed and sleep like a log.
Hope your Wednesday was a good one.
Hope
Colostrum vs. Collagen: Which One Should You Take?
-
Colostrum and collagen offer unique and synergistic benefits. Although I
prefer one overall, adding both to your regimen can offer the best of both
worlds.
39 minutes ago
1 comment:
Dang it! Guess I should have gone with you.
My brother J has those shoes too, and agrees about the difficulties of putting them on.
Post a Comment