After a long, dry winter, we have been getting some rain for the past two weeks. Yesterday it was sunny for a while, so I ran out and snapped some "spring is here" photos. Then I realized that spring flowers are pretty much the same from one year to the next, and maybe people get bored with them.
If so, you can skip the rest of my post today.
 |
| Bleeding Heart. It took several years to get this to grow and bloom. |
 |
| A camellia I grew from seed. |
 |
| A really bright camellia, not shy. |
 |
| Lots of flowers on this camellia. |
 |
| Plain old chard. I planted some in the flower garden just for fun. |
 |
| A late variety of daffodil. |
 |
| Daisies and pansies |
 |
| The Frog Castle. Named by little Jack. |
 |
| Totally brazen tulip. |
 |
| Back yard tulips that survived the chickens. |
 |
| Red tulips are best. |
 |
| No, yellow tulips are best. |
I'm glad I took these yesterday. Today it is storming. If the rain gets too heavy, it will knock all the tulips down, as it does about half the time. That's okay, I've got a season's enjoyment out of them already. Next: the lilacs are starting to bloom!
4 comments:
How could any of your loyal readers get bored with spring flowers? After all, California is the home of Flower Power.... "If you're goin' to the Blawat ranch in Sloughhouse - be sure to wear some flowers in your hair..."
I never get tired of flower pictures. Beside, I don't think I was around during the spring last year. Because a storm was on the way, I, too, too pictures since I was afraid the flowers would not make it through the storm.
Sigh! How lovely. I am just now getting a bloom here and there of the Daffodil type. Which I love. We are experiencing a rather bad wind right now...of which I really don't like.
Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com
Those images are fabulous! And I loved your little comments too.
I have a very modest camelia, and also a barmaid camelia. She is totally a hussy, she has a low front and a suggestive way with her...! although I didn't grow either from seed. My Mum-in-Law does that, and it's such a thrill to see the first bud coming and wondering what it will look like.
Post a Comment