Thursday, August 16, 2012

Senile Delinquents

This morning at water aerobics the instructor never showed up. There were 16 of us in the water waiting for her (or him). The class takes an hour and the instructors each have a routine of exercises they take us through. Most of the participants follow along, but there's always a lot of visiting and conversation, maybe half of the people are really serious about the exercise.

When it was evident we weren't going to have an instructor, we decided to lead the class ourselves. Each of us took a turn at it. It reminded me of school when a teacher would be late or miss the class. No one went to the office to report the missing instructor. There was a lot of teasing and goofing around. Everyone was in on it. Someone would suggest we race to the end of the pool, and all the little gray haired ladies were off like a shot.

There were two gentlemen in the class today. One of them wanted us all to gather at one end of the pool and try to make a tidal wave to see how much water we could splash out. We tried, but it wasn't very impressive.

When the class time was up, we were pretty tired. We'd worked twice as hard as we usually do.

One thing I really love about the water aerobics class is there are folks in it who are 20 years older than I am and they're still telling dirty jokes and goofing around and having a lot of fun. It gives me something to look forward to.



5 comments:

Yorkshire Pudding said...

Sounds like fun but why does it remind me of "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest"?

Practical Parsimony said...

The instructors probably try to make the class easy on the class, especially the old ladies...lol. Some of the dirtiest jokes I ever heard were from a group of women over 80.

Leenie said...

LOL. Now that's a reason to give up my yoga video workout and go to a class. It does sound like junior high without the teacher--fun and something to look forward to.

Helsie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Helsie said...

Helen and Ro said...
Sounds like a lot of fun to me!What they say about entering a second childhood in old age seems to be true.
Thanks for the sympathy regarding my computer virus problem. Luckily I haven't lost too many photos of any consequence as Tony has most of them on his computer too... but even if they weren't important they are gone for ever and I miss them! I think we have to be vigilent in the future with updating our photos onto the new media of the day and perhaps we should continue to make albums. You can do them on your computer these days and have a lovely book printed up for increasingly lower cost. I have a couple of our holidays and they are great.You can get a book printed of your blogs too I think.
Cheers