It's just been a very busy couple of weeks and I haven't had time to sit down and write. Thank you Mitzi and Bev for checking on me.
Here's the very short version of what I've been up to: had lunch with Neva and we ran into Anne and Mike; went to the Harvest Festival; spent a couple of hours discussing Waldorf education and the state of the world with cousin Kreg and Patty; met Nick's new wife and baby; had lunch with Linda, Harold and Chloe and got to show Chloe the chickens; Alice stopped by; John and I signed divorce papers then sat around and talked about the peace movement and the Rotary Club with the lawyer (a very interesting lady) before we had lunch with Ken; I cleaned the show equipment and put it away after Paso Robles; sat at Les Schwab tires for 3 hours one morning having new tires put on Bob's truck because he ran over a metal stake out in the field (and doesn't have time to take the truck in himself); sat at the Toyota place for 2 hours for my car's 85,000 mile maintenance; went to a Sloughhouse 4-H club meeting; attended 2 chair pilates classes and 4 water aerobics classes; and today.....ta da.....I caught every chicken on the place and Bob and I decided which ones to take to the sale tomorrow. Then I trimmed beaks and toenails and wormed all the birds and cleaned ALL the pens before I put the keepers back in them, and loaded the sale birds in crates in my car for 6 a.m. tomorrow.
I'm handfeeding another baby pigeon.
It's going to start raining Monday so I'm trying to get things tucked away. Oh, and I read 3 books: Primal Body, Primal Mind by Nora Gedgaudas, The Casual Vacancy by J.K. Rowling, and The Primal Blueprint by Mark Sisson. I'm about halfway through Sick Puppy by Carl Hiaasen. Having to sit around waiting for the cars gave me some much-appreciated reading time. And yes, I'm a speed reader.
Once it starts raining, I'm going to build a fire in the stove and just sit here until we're caught up. See you then!
Colostrum vs. Collagen: Which One Should You Take?
-
Colostrum and collagen offer unique and synergistic benefits. Although I
prefer one overall, adding both to your regimen can offer the best of both
worlds.
1 hour ago

7 comments:
Whoa! Slow down Speedy Gonzalez! You're supposed to have retired. Get your feet up and watch a DVD box set of "The Golden Girls" while Bob makes you chicken soup!
Sigh...I'm a sucker for baby pictures.
Jane x
What a darling little bird....Thanks for the update. It's so nice to be retired...all this on your own time....priceless!
Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com
http://deltacountyhistoricalsociety.wordpress.com
Impressive list. Just glad blogging was on the list and you finally got down that far. That baby pigeon is freaky-ugly. The kind of creature only bird lovers (me on that list) could care for.
Well, guess you have started your first fire of the year as the RAINS are here.
I was exhausted reading all you have done in such a short time.
Mitzi
Mitzi, haven't started the fire yet. I have to go to Home Depot and to PetSmart (feeding 8 cats is expensive) and I'll be starting the stove this afternoon, now that the roof is wet and it's safe. I was also exhausted. Slept in until 10 this morning. The old feet and legs are really complaining about having to move. (Have you ever had cramps in your feet? Interesting.) From the knees up I'm doing fine, though. The birds are all dry and happy, the cats are curled up and snoring, especially Velcro she snores very loudly. I'm sure when I go out to feed I'll find something that I left out in the rain by accident. It takes a while to get into a winter frame of mind in California, doesn't it? Fall really doesn't exist here, even though we grow pumpkins and pretend it does. One morning you wake up and it's winter...surprise!
Wow, Jan!! You exhaust me!!! You're very inspiring!!
Post a Comment