Saturday, April 6, 2013

For Katherine from NZ


Here is a picture of the horses in their weedy pasture. They are old Tennessee Walking Horses. The one in front is Champagne Dust, 18 years old. The black one is Blue Top. I think he's 26 or 27.

The weed-free field beyond the blue outhouse is the lawn farmer's crop, and beyond that are rows waiting to be planted with sweet corn and other vegetables. Actually, the corn has been in for a couple of weeks, it just isn't visible from my front window.


5 comments:

Terry and Linda said...

Those two will miss each other if they are ever separated. I love looking upon your land!!

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

Katherine Plumer said...

I still have a hard time thinking of Dusty as being any more than about 10 years old....

Kate said...

Aha! Thank you so much. Now I see them, and your lovely view. Distance, changing greens, and lilac in bloom. I should think I'd want nothing more!

Jan Blawat said...

Linda, they aren't likely to be separated by anything but death. Dusty was born in that pasture and Blue Top was just a yearling when he came here. Katherine P, I know, it seems like if he's so old, he should be wiser. Katherine from NZ, I'm totally happy here.

Kath said...

How lovely. When I was about 12 I had a book of horse breeds and the ones which fascinated me were the T.W. Horses, with their spectacular stance, their flowing manes and tails. I wished so hard for one!