Saturday, October 3, 2015

10-4


Happy Broderick Crawford Day

10-4!


If you have been reading my blog for a while, you know that October 4 is Broderick Crawford Day. You probably won't get the holiday off on Monday just because it fell on Sunday this year. No one recognizes the holiday except me and my friends.

Why do we celebrate this day? We're remembering the old actor, Broderick Crawford, from the days when he played a California Highway Patrolman on our black-and-white TVs. His character didn't have to shoot or taze people to get them to behave, he was gruffy with them and talked fast and loud.



I mean, really, if this guy pulled you over to give you a ticket, would you argue with him?

4 comments:

Practical Parsimony said...

LOL...yes, I do remember you celebrate this. Well, I will give you Monday off.

Terry and Linda said...

Very well said! I loved the smiles through out. And yes I remember you celebrate this date! :)

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

KCD said...

I have a nice Broderick Crawford "Happy 10-4 Day" picture, but I can't attach it here. If you email me, I can send it to you. I send this one out to a bunch of folks on the big day. The best part is, I retired Twice on Broderick Crawford Day. Been 8 years now since the last one. Happy 10-4 to you too!!!

Yorkshire Pudding said...

Old Broderick isn't really eye candy is he Jan? Mind you I am very bad at assessing the aesthetic appeal of other men. Perhaps you could change the name of your house to The Broderick Crawford Shrine.