Monday, February 16, 2009

Another Plan Hit the Dust

I discovered a new hair lady, right in downtown Sloughhouse!

I stopped going to the place in Gold River. The turnover was so high, I never got to see the same hairdresser twice. I stopped even trying to remember their names.

So my first new appointment was Friday at 9 a.m. The shop is small and since my appointment was early, I planned to be thoughtful and take the right amount of cash. But I only had a $100 bill. So I left a half hour early to go to the ATM at the bank in Rancho Murieta. When I got to the machine, there was a notice that the ATM was closed for service, “Please visit one of our other friendly sites.” the sign said. Right, the closest would be in Folsom, not exactly on my way. There were people in the bank, though, so I knocked on the door. They wouldn’t even look up at me, the bank didn't open for half an hour. This is a friendly site?

I didn’t want to go to the grocery store. I don’t think it’s polite to buy gum and ask for cash. So I went to the mini-mart instead. I was pretty sure they also had an ATM.

Yep, they did. It was out of service too. The friendly clerk saw my frown, though, and asked if he could help. I told him I needed $100 cash. He said he could handle that at the register, so we did the ATM card thing and he handed me...a $100 bill. Well, I didn’t want to be impolite so I took it. And went back to the grocery store and bought some gum and paid for it with the $100 bill and got change in smaller bills.

This happens every time I make a plan. Things work out, but never the way I plan them.

The haircut was great, the new hairlady was great. She went to the local elementary school a year behind Bob. Note to Bob: someone younger than you already has a REAL job.

No comments: