First they assembled the equipment and the ingredients. This ended up being almost everything in the kitchen. (“Mom, where is the double-boiler? Do we have one? What is it?) Then they found the most difficult recipe in the book. A chocolate, heart-shaped cake (to celebrate Valentine’s Day at the same time) filled with chocolate pudding and topped with chocolate frosting. They’re fearless, of course, because they took cooking in 4-H. (I think they missed Alex, though.)
Gwynessa, Brent, Jon the Birthday Boy, and Bob. Travis was here but left early so he could get up for class the next morning. And no, the recipe did not call for beer.

John wisely stands far away from the Mad Chefs and their mixer. Brent the math major monitors measurements.

While the masterpiece was baking, an absorbing game of Jenga was played.
Ta-da! The birthday boy and his heart cake - Happy BD and Happy VD at the same time.
It was a heart-warming evening.
3 comments:
Aww, that's so sweet!
I'm not sure about cake and beer though...eww.
Chocolate goes with everything.
Yeah, but beer doesn't. Then again, I may be slightly biased there.
Post a Comment