The part is only going to cost $36 but of course it wasn't in stock, I have to go out of my way again tomorrow to go get it.
I hate my refrigerator. I have hated it since the day it was pushed into my kitchen. I didn't pick it out, John did. At the time I thought, "What difference will it make? A refrigerator is just a refrigerator."
Wrong.
The old one was wide. This one is a side by side, neither side is big enough to actually be useful. The freezer side had an automatic ice maker that was never hooked up. Why did he buy one with an icemaker if he never intended to hook it up? (Why do men do half the things they do?) You can't really have an icemaker out here in the country, where our well water has sand in it and it will clog tiny water lines.
Also I've hated this refrigerator because it's half plastic. My old one was metal. The shelves and the drawers did not break, not ever. The shelves on the doors of this one are constantly broken. I mean, if you put two full half gallons of milk on the door and open the door too fast, the plastic thing that holds them on the shelf will break. But hey! No problem, I have a whole drawer full of replacement parts and plenty of white duct tape.
Today I decided to look at new refrigerators while I was at Zajic's. Guess what? I don't like any of them.
None of them has as much room as my old one, not even the superduper $3000 model. And they're all plastic.
I thought I wanted one with the refrigerator on the top and the freezer on the bottom. These all had pull out drawers on the bottom. You had to stack all the stuff, so you'd never see what was on the bottom. Why have a freezer at all if you never know what's in it?
Ice cream is the only thing that is easy to find in a freezer. As soon as you bring it home from the store, it calls to you. 24 hours a day, ice cream calls to you. You know that's true, how many times have you been caught at midnight eating ice cream in the kitchen, right out of the carton? Well, I don't eat ice cream any more, so I don't even need a freezer.
All I need is a huge produce drawer for salad stuff, and a shelf that's deep enough to store big bottles of Tejava. Also room for some cottage cheese and yogurt. Everything else in the refrigerator is Bob's.
I offered to let John take HIS refrigerator when he moved out. He didn't. He has a smallish one in his mobile home, AND right in the middle of the living area, a huge old fashioned one, sorta like my old one, that he bought from someone who was moving.
Maybe I can find one like that.
Colostrum vs. Collagen: Which One Should You Take?
-
Colostrum and collagen offer unique and synergistic benefits. Although I
prefer one overall, adding both to your regimen can offer the best of both
worlds.
36 minutes ago
No comments:
Post a Comment