Women are important to the poultry business.
How long do you suppose it will take the "good old boys" in the midwest to figure that out?
Colostrum vs. Collagen: Which One Should You Take?
-
Colostrum and collagen offer unique and synergistic benefits. Although I
prefer one overall, adding both to your regimen can offer the best of both
worlds.
1 hour ago

4 comments:
Nutritionally speaking, there is no difference between pellets and mash.
Oh wise one, have you raised hens? Mash turns into a fine dust as they kick it to the corners of their pen. It mashes. I feed mash to chicks because they need tiny pieces, but I feed pellets to everything else. Small pellets to the bantams, regular pellets to the regular size chickens. It's not so messy.
What was significant in the picture is the PINK sack. There is a little breast cancer awareness logo on the top of it, too.
If you sit outside the feed store here, you will see ladies in dresses coming after work and buying chicken feed to take home to their backyard flocks.
At least half the people who show chickens in California are women, a lot of them are 4-H leaders who also bring lots of kids to poultry shows. But poultry events are run by men with a midwestern mentality. I've been to shows in Ohio and Indiana and seen for myself how that works. Some of the guys from California go back there and start thinking how wonderful it is to have the wifey and kids sit out in the truck while the men are in the showroom. It's hard to sell that line in California, but they try.
I just had to chuckle when I saw the hot pink chicken feed sacks, thinking of all the macho fellas who'll have to be seen packing them around in the back of their big trucks.
Thank you, Purina!
You got me. Hands up. I have not raised hens. I bow to your greater henliness. Now honey, wait in the truck while I down a few beers with the guys.
I saw one lady in Ohio who sat at a table in the snack area for two days, waiting while her husband hung out with the guys. I would have either stayed home and enjoyed some husband-free days, or smacked that sucker with my purse.
Post a Comment