Sunday, March 18, 2012

Mama Mia


My life is not always as dull as it seems, sometimes I get out and have a great time. This week I got to see the national touring stage production of Mama Mia! I went with Melanie (my former workmate) and her guy, Adam. We had the best seats EVER...front row center. As Melanie said, the actors could spit on us, we were so close.

This will be my next sewing project. I'll make it for Melanie, she could totally wear it. It's her color, too.

One of the things I love about ABBA is the fans. We are all people who like to have fun. 

I still have only 2 CDs in my car. Both of them are ABBA and I play them all the time. So, of course, I know all the songs. That makes it easy to sing along. The people who wrote the play seem to know this about ABBA fans, so at the end of the play there is a medley of songs that encourages the whole audience to stand up and dance and sing along. This is something Melanie and I would have done anyway, but it's more fun when you have lots of company. It reminded me of the 15,000 people in Las Vegas who sang "Hey Jude" along with Paul McCartney a few years ago. 

With all the dissension in this country, most of it the result of butt stupidity, it's so neat to be able to share a good time.

3 comments:

Helsie said...

Sounds fantastic and I'm glad there ate others out there who love Abba. My family just laugh at me !!
Cheers

Practical Parsimony said...

Ooooh, good producton, I bet. I love Beatles,Lennon, and Hey Jude. Front row, center is my dream someday. I have never been that close.

By the way, I never thought you life was dull! NEVER!

Yorkshire Pudding said...

I must say the lime yellow jumpsuit really suits you but did you have to pose like that? Abba were Sweden's answer to Bob Dylan but the phone kept ringing.