If we are destined to live until we learn all the lessons we're here to learn, I'll evidently be here quite a while longer.
The lesson I cannot seem to learn is: Do NOT make plans.
I like to make plans because, frankly, I'm a bit of a control freak. I've been worse since I had health problems and can't just run around and make up time. When I have things to accomplish, I make plans at least a day ahead of time.
This week I got a card from my doctor and also a call from her nurse. "You're overdue for blood tests, get in this week and have that taken care of." I'm okay with that, my test scores are always good, I don't even have to obsess about them. But there was a lot to do this week and I didn't get around to going for the tests until today, Friday.
I had water aerobics at 9. The gym is not too far from Kaiser, but their lab doesn't open until 8. I planned ahead by putting on my bathing suit and packing all my gym stuff the night before. This morning I grabbed everything at the door and left in plenty of time.
When I got to the lab, it was crowded with people, spilling out into the chairs in the hall. I had to take a number. When I finally got to the desk I asked, "What's up? I've never seen it like this." Evidently several doctors had sent out cards to their patients at the same time, suggesting they get blood tests this week. The blood department had to borrow personnel from elsewhere to handle all the business. I didn't get blood drawn until 9:15.
But FIRST, when I got to the desk, I was handed a pee cup. Well, that was sure fun since I was wearing a bathing suit under my clothes. A tight bathing suit that's really hard to squeeze into. Hope there were no hidden cameras.
While sitting in the waiting room I had noticed there were only 2 blood suckers on duty. A fairly old lady and a very young guy. I decided I wanted the older lady. So of course I got the young guy. I think blood suckers should have a minimum age of 35, the younger ones don't have the same touch. Actually they don't have ANY touch, in my experience.
By the time I finally got to water aerobics it was 9:30 and the class was half over. But it was a warm, sunny morning so I got an unplanned half hour after class to just float in the pool and mellow out.
I still haven't learned the control freak lesson. I have to go back for an optometrist's appointment this afternoon and I'm already trying to figure out what I should wear and when I have to leave here to be there in plenty of time, and what do I need to bring up to make sure it all gets handled properly. Probably should have just stayed there this morning and slept in a chair.
Colostrum vs. Collagen: Which One Should You Take?
-
Colostrum and collagen offer unique and synergistic benefits. Although I
prefer one overall, adding both to your regimen can offer the best of both
worlds.
1 hour ago
1 comment:
I don't know if it's the same in America but in England schoolkids are often forced to produce "career plans". Instinctively, I never felt comfortable with this because in my experience life and employment never do seem to follow neat plans. There's always something that trips you up and occasionally we meet magical opportunities we hadn't foreseen.
Post a Comment