It was sunny and warm today, almost 70 degrees I think. The pigeons really needed to get out and stretch their wings, so I opened their door and sat outside with them for a couple of hours to guard against the hawk. Then I put fresh food in their feeder and they all flew back in the pen and I closed the door. Such well-trained birds they are. I had my camera with me and took some pictures so you could see how pretty pigeons are with the sun on their feathers.
![]() |
| Big Red, who survived his run-in with the hawk |
![]() |
| Little Red, his wife |
![]() |
| Furniture shopping, choosing just the right stick |
![]() |
| Oh no, she didn't measure the door. Will it fit? She tried twice and it didn't so she backed up and looked at the situation, then turned her head sideways and the stick went through the door. |
![]() |
| Even plain old gray pigeons are beautiful in the sun. |
![]() |
| Piebald pigeon. |
![]() |
| Piebald pigeon, back view, looks like modern art. |
![]() |
| Miss Freckles |
![]() |
| Big Spot guards the door, all who pass must have his permission. |









3 comments:
I FLIPPING LOVE pigeons!!
Jane x
I so enjoyed this. I love the wild pigeons and the doves that frequent our yard. You have amazing birds! I would love to come see them in person.
Linda
http:coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com
Superb shots there Jan. You have got the focusing just right. I wish my old eyes would work as well as yours.
Post a Comment