A couple of days ago I told you what my current practices are for the Christmas season. My son has his own. He and Anna live in a small apartment, so their goal to completely fill it with Christmas shouldn't take too long.
Anna is the queen of glitter glue. We had Thanksgiving dinner at my house and she brought some pumpkins in for decorations. Bob and Anna cooked, there were 9 of us who ate and enjoyed a good time. It was a little strange because there was no furniture in the living room.
A couple of months ago I'd asked one of the Jims from Davis Ranch to haul all my living room furniture to the dump. He showed up 2 days before Thanksgiving. Well, OK. Whatever. We dragged Grandma Betty's old rocking chair out of Bob's room, threw some pillows on the floor and set up a couple of folding chairs. That worked.
The Thanksgiving leftovers were barely gone from the refrigerator when Bob and Anna came back to start Christmas.
Not a typical tree saw, but not a chainsaw, either.
I sat on the tailgate while the kids disappeared into the forest. The noisy forest, full of people arguing over which was the perfect tree. When Bob was little, he'd be out in the trees a month ahead of time. I painted him a sign that said "This tree reserved for Bob." He'd mark the tree he wanted, then we'd go back after it a couple of weeks before Christmas. Most years he changed his mind and cut a different tree. One year we found the sign on a different tree.
It took a long time, but they finally came back with a tree.
It looks to me like it's wide enough to take up a third of their living room.
And it has two tips. "No problem," Bob says. "We have two ornaments for the top."
They also evidently have enough lights for 3 trees, every window in the house, and more. They've had a wonderful time shopping for decorations. I hope they have an open house so we can all see.
Colostrum vs. Collagen: Which One Should You Take?
-
Colostrum and collagen offer unique and synergistic benefits. Although I
prefer one overall, adding both to your regimen can offer the best of both
worlds.
39 minutes ago





5 comments:
Glad to see that Bob and Anna have the Christmas spirit. Maybe Santa will bring you some furniture - or more pillows.
Mitzi
Me too !
If Anna had painted Bob green, they could have avoided buying a tree. Sparkly ornaments could have simply been attached to his various appendages. He would have had to stand still in the corner throughout the Christmas holidays.
What a happy couple, and how lovely for them to be creating these traditions as they start a life together. Jan, I read your inspiring comments on Going Gently and wanted to thank you for sharing your story. It was powerful. Happy Christmas from Cairns in Far North Queensland, Australia.
YP, when Bob was in 4-H he wore a lot of green, the 4-H colors are green and white. In 8th grade I found 2 pairs of kelly green jeans really cheap. He wore them most of the year and became known as the kid with the green pants. His green tennis shoes that he wore for a couple of years in 4-H were donated to a raffle when he outgrew them. They were a popular items, considered to be "lucky" shoes because he won so much when he wore them. So yes, I can see him wearing green that Anna decorated with her sparkle glue.
Carol, Happy Christmas to you, too. I really want for people to know that life doesn't end when it stops being what you expect it should be.
Post a Comment