Tuesday, August 12, 2008

A Poor Waif


Oh no! What’s this coming down the driveway?

A little orange, beat-up tom kitty that someone has dumped off. Yes, indeed, this is the ideal place to dump a cat. Between the highway, the coyotes, the owls, and various other predators, it has little chance of surviving more than a month. That’s why the 3 cats I already have are kept in the house. They aren’t allowed outside. (Not that they want to go.)

This little kitty is very friendly, isn’t afraid of people at all. Someone treated it well before they dumped it.

It has had some rough times, though. The top of one ear is gone. Its eye is banged up. It has ear mites. It was pretty skinny.


While Bob was gone, I fed it and wormed it. He helped me doctor the eye and put flea stuff on it. I guess we’ll take it to the vet. But it can’t come in the house. I’ll try to find a home for it.

It’s not that an outdoor cat wouldn’t be welcome, if it stayed in the back yard it would be fairly safe and there are probably lots of mice to keep it busy. This cat looks like it would be more comfortable on a couch, though.

People who dump animals are despicable.

3 comments:

Katherine Plumer said...

Orange kitty!!!! Okay my heart did flip flops when I saw that, you know I'm a sucker for orange kitties. I'd take it if I could but that would get instantly vetoed here. I hope you find a good home for it!

Jan Blawat said...

You notice I didn't call you the minute the little guy showed up? I didn't want to feed your addiction. Let me know if you hear of someone who'd like a nice kitty.

Trailboss said...

I am so glad there are people like you who see an animal needing help and get the help for it. So many people turn their back and ignore such things. I live way out in the country and we see our share of cats and dogs. People drop them off like they are a bag of garbage.