Monday, May 7, 2012

Blogger Tech People ... You Suck

I just finished a new entry, complete with lots of pictures. Halfway through the new photos would appear at the top of the entry instead of at the bottom, where they belonged. I could find no way to get out of that mess and while I was trying, the whole entry disappeared. In the good old days, like last week, I could have called up all the entries and just edited the latest one. Well, that feature is now conveniently hidden, presumably in some tech person's pocket. Or perhaps in a dark, dank hole near there.


5 comments:

Practical Parsimony said...

I had the same problem! The pics just went to the top of the page. If you look on the design page or somewhere, way up in the top right corner is a wheel or gear looking thing. Click on it and you go back to the good old blogger. I did and am sooooo happy. I wonder what will happen to me and my blog. ???

Bernard said...

I learnt a long time ago, never to trust blogger to put pictures up/arrange them, for you. I have always 'uploaded' the group of, say six, pictures in one go - but, then, only inserted them into the blog, one at a time.
Since blogger always inserts them at the top of the blog, I insert them in reverse order.
#6 would go up first. When you insert #5, blogger will put it in front of #6.
And so on up the page. Slower I know, but at least they are all in the correct order. I then type my text in-between the pictures.
I have got used to the 'new' version now. It has a few good features - like when you put the cursor over the picture - you can change the size and add a wee title under the picture.
Good luck, cheers...B.

Jan Blawat said...

PP, I don't see any little wheel looking thing. And if I did, I sure wouldn't interpret that sort of icon to mean "go back to the old way." That's what I hate about icons, the pictures always mean different things to me. I have iconlexia. In the late 60s I had an Opel Kadett that used icons on all the dash buttons. I took 4 years of German, and could have read words, but I couldn't interpret those icons.

Uncle B, it's so nice to hear from you! I was just about to send you an email to see if you and Wesley were okay, and to find out if the hedgehogs have awaken from their hibernation. Of course YOU would figure out the new stuff, you're an engineer, you were a Techie before they even had tech. XOX

Practical Parsimony said...

I said "wheel" but look for a cog/gear looking thing. It's round and has alternating sticking up thingies and valleys. I only found out what it meant by hovering with the cursor. I know what you mean by it not meaning what it looks like. It should be the curved arrow that points to the left--the one used in word processing type applications!

If I knew how to send a screen shot, I would.

Bernard said...

Hi Jan, We're all ok over here and yes the hedgehogs are up and eating. I was in the greenhouse yesterday and heard a rustling. I could see one by the door of his little home. I managed a photo but you can't see much. I left some of Wes's leftovers down last night and the plate was licked clean this morning. {hugs} B