Monday, May 7, 2012

May Flowers

Going to the gym almost every day has saved me a lot of money. Gardening money. I haven't had time to go buy flowers. I have quite a few perennials, though, and I did plant some things last fall. So the garden is staying pretty by itself. Here are a few highlights.

A bright peony (not Photoshopped, my Pentax saturates the colors)
Snapdragon
Clematis. Is much drabber than the picture on the package when I bought it.
Columbine 1 (planted from seed 2 years ago)
Columbine 2 (there are several plants, but only 2 colors)

My irises are few, but lovely.





And finally, this is for Kath. It's my baby Amelanchier. I worried it didn't make it through the winter, but it's back!



4 comments:

Practical Parsimony said...

I resisted buying annuals for years because of the continual purchasing part. One year, about five years ago I purchased an annual and was so surprised when it reseeded itself. Then, last year and 10 cent annual reseeded itself from the year before. I think I might just throw seeds out from now on and see what happens.

Those are all beautiful plants!

Practical Parsimony said...

"a ten-cent annual" not and annual. I don't know, but it seems my fingers have a mind of their own some days. And, I think my fingers are senile or perverse.

Herbert - Blog Tech Person said...

Lovely pictures of your beautiful plants - available on the blogosphere thanks to the endeavours of blog tech people like me. Have a nice day!

Nancy said...

As always, your plants and your photography - STUNNING!!!