Inside is a different story.
I'm still on crutches and it's starting to get to me. I'm disgusted with Bob. I've had it with the cats. I drink too much coffee, and then I really get cranky. I'd be a bitch on wheels, except I don't have wheels at home (the wheelchair stays at work) I only have these blighted crutches. I'm a bitch on sticks.
Woe is NOT me, except in my own mind. It's sunny and I think I NEED to be outside working in the dirt. Isn't it silly? When I find dirt in the house, it gripes me. But I love the dirt outside. Maybe I should just start planting seeds in the house. If dirt that grows things is good dirt, I'll at least have a different attitude about it.
One thing is working well. The old glasses I'm using until the new ones arrive give me a hazy view of the world. So I don't see weeds sprouting. I know they're out there because the farmers have already used RoundUp and the fencelines are yellowed. I hope that by the time I can get outside and work again I don't have to use the electric chainsaw to deal with the weeds.
Another good thing is that the wood from the trees that were taken down is now being split and stacked everywhere. Weeds won't grow where the wood is stacked, and it will give the lizards a place to play when it gets warm enough.
In the meantime, I'll just go back to reading. I'm currently re-reading Blood Sugar 101.
To the right of this column, down a ways, is a list of blogs I follow. If you're diabetic, and I know several of you are, be sure to check out the Diabetes Update. Jenny Ruhl has the best information I've found anywhere. Her book is a compilation of things that are on the Blood Sugar 101 web site that you can access through her blog. It was Jenny's information and Dr. Bernstein's Diabetes Solution that started me on the road to success with my diabetes a couple of years ago. Yes, my diabetes is well under control, with no medication. I'm a member of the 5 Club. But I still have these stupid problems with my feet. I'd kick something, but that would probably mean another 4 months on crutches.
If you're diabetic and are having problems keeping your blood sugar under control, or don't really like all those pills you're being given, read Jenny's information. She's not selling anything, not even her book.
It's 11 a.m. Time to switch from coffee to tea. Time to have an attitudectomy. Or is that an attitudotomy? No matter, paste the smile on the face and hope it works from the outside in.
Smiley face to everyone this a.m. (barf)
12 comments:
I reckon it's 'attitudoctomy' actually. :)
"A bitch on wheels" or "A bitch on sticks"?
I'm spoilt for choice! :)
Wanna go somewhere? Do something?
Uncle B - I'm faster on wheels, and if I'm in the wheelchair I can use a crutch to hit things. So I think that's worse. Though probably more amusing if you're just observing.
KP - I don't think a day trip is going to do it, and it's a little too early to head over the Sierras yet. We still need to do 395 past Mono Lake. And aren't there some wildflower places down that way if you get there at the right time of the year? As long as I have something to look forward to, I think I can make it, thanks!
Yeah, I think I just saw an article about wildflower destinations in the newspaper, or was that on line... hmm, it was only a couple days ago, I'll see if I can dig that up.
Oh yeah, and Suzie keeps asking me about going over to visit with you... if you want some company...
"attitudectomy"... a great new term. I will call it a Blawatism - there another new word. Or if somebody gets on the wrong side of you they will be unceremoniously janned - another new word. Didn't Columbus discover The New Word? Cheer up Jan baby!
KP - On Sunday a.m. I was thinking it would have been neat to have breakfast again with you and Suzie and Jack. I'm trying to get Bob to go pickup the wood at her house.
YP - How does England manage without you, for even a few months?
YP, I like the term, "Blawatism"! But then, I'm prejudiced since I'm a Blawat too!!! I'm sure Jan and I, our brothers and our cousins could come up with a lot of Blawatisms! Feeling a little stir crazy, myself! Wish I could stir myself into getting motivated to do some paperwork and phone calls!!!
Nancy, you're right. I don't think there's anything more fun than sitting around with the Blawat cousins and talking - about anything. The only problem is it makes my face hurt later, from laughing so hard.
I've had way too much time for paperwork, phone calls, and other buttwork. How's your attitude doing? Mine is bad. Maybe we could go out and play a round of wheelchair golf. Use crutches to whack that ball around. I'd suggest polo, but that would be harder to arrange. Also we could verbally abuse old guys in funny looking golf pants or something.
XOX
Polo would be easier Jan. :)
You've got the ponies, you're sitting down and you can wack the ball, as you say, with your stick.
If you get good at it, you could come over and play on the 'Royal Lawn' at Windsor. :)
If you're bored, may I suggest that you head to the Cosumnes River Elementary School administration lobby. The new school is definitely more wheelchair friendly than the old one. The Kiwanis Club purchased a display case for the purpose of showcasing some local history items.
The first display is a collection of papers, photos, and books belonging to our great-great-aunt Sadie Belcher. She was a school teacher in the community in the late 1800's and left some pretty neat things.
I could pick you up or meet you there if you'd like. You can help me decide if it's something that Uncle Jim, Aunt Beth, and the rest of our cousins might like to see.
pudding summed it up!
Post a Comment