It's a sunny day with a stiff north wind. This morning on the way to work I stopped and watched a huge flock of seagulls playing in the wind over the dump. When I die, I want to be reincarnated as a seagull. They don't just fly, they glide and soar and dance. They appear to love the wind.
I've seen the flock on its way from town to the dump on a windy afternoon. They fly no more than 12 feet off the ground in a long line, dipping and swirling. If they're close enough to the road, you can see them smile.
A little further down the road is an area that was under construction last fall. There are vernal pools near the road. The construction people had to fence off the vernal pool areas to protect them from construction equipment operators who evidently can't discern the areas to stay out of with heavy equipment. I guess that's a good idea. But the fences are 36-inch black plastic sheeting tacked to wooden stakes. You can imagine what that looks like 6 months later on a windy day. Rio Linda.
The black sheeting was blowing across the road, bunching up and clogging the natural drainage, it's just a mess. Where is the government idiot who insisted this stuff be erected? Don't they monitor to be sure it's taken down before it turns to trash?
This is not the second book report, is it? You know how it is with book reports, no one likes to write them, you leave them until the very, very last minute. That's not what I'm doing. I'm actually reworking it until I'm satisfied that I don't come across as barely literate. And I'm having a hard time doing that because I just got an email from Ken.
I worked with Ken for several years. Saw him last week outside of Kaiser and we traded email addresses. The people I worked with in typography, before I had a "government" job, were the best in the state. Ken was a good writer as well as a typographer. He still is. He uses big words, correctly. I don't work with anyone like that in education, sad to say.
Have to go back and edit my poor little book report.
Colostrum vs. Collagen: Which One Should You Take?
-
Colostrum and collagen offer unique and synergistic benefits. Although I
prefer one overall, adding both to your regimen can offer the best of both
worlds.
1 hour ago
3 comments:
I hate this wind!!!!!!
As a seagull, you'd have to eat raw fish and stinking food waste from the dump. The whole world would be your toilet and it would be hard to fend off the advances of the guy seagulls. No wine, candles and romantic dinners.
KP, that's probably because you're out there in it, trying to get your chickens caught and washed.
YP, how is that different from my life?
Post a Comment