One is Mollie.
Mollie always looks perplexed. She's very sweet, like her mother. I can pet them both while they're eating. Mollie is the sort of benign soul that doesn't take much space in anyone else's universe.
The other is Rosie. This is Rosie, on the right, trying to push her mother out of the feed bowl.
Rosie is a beautiful cat, but she's loud and whiny and pushy. The other cats don't like her. Mollie and Rosie both love their mama, but Carla can't tolerate Rosie for long.
Here's a typical evening on the farm...music by the Roosters.
The kitten's family is still here, too. One of his siblings escaped the cage (grrrr) and I'm going to have to try to trap her again. The other two are in there getting bigger and stronger. It's going to be hard to catch them when it's time to go to SPCA.
Sister.
The little mama, Linda, still lurks.



4 comments:
It's fun to get a peek into your barnyard. Even though roosters have no snooze button I still miss having them around. Yes, you've got a very chatty catty on your hands. Such different personalities---just like in most families.
Jan - how would you like to be called just - The Woman? Time to give in and allow The Kitten to have a proper name! If you don't like Tiddles, how about another cuddly kitty name - Norman Schwarzkopf Jr for example.
Here is a link to the little circular saw I was telling you about. If you look around a little, you should be able to find a package that has the battery and charger too. I would go for the green lithium ion battery and charger if you can afford it. The lithium batteries last a lot longer. Sometimes they have a package with the saw and a drill. The drills are a real workhorse and come in very handy on projects.
Here is the link: http://www.homedepot.com/p/Ryobi-12-Amp-7-1-4-in-Circular-Saw-CSB123/100634339#.UjH55z-1nE1
I very much enjoyed this tiny peek into your world. I love roosters and wish I had one again. Yesterday, Shannon's really sweet rooster was killed by a car deliberately... sure was sad.
Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com
http://deltacountyhistoricalsociety.wordpress.com
Post a Comment