I don't like most big businesses, I'd rather shop in little local shops. There are fewer and fewer of those.
My favorite company is Apple. I have been using their computers for almost 30 years, even through the years when all the pundits said Apple was dead, even through times when the tech dept at work tried to take my Mac away and replace it with a piece of shit PC. I told them I'd quit if they did that, and I was quite serious.
My second favorite company is Amazon. If I'd have to go drive around and hunt for an item, and it's not something I could get at a local store, I buy it on Amazon.
Yesterday I spilled a whole glass of iced tea on my keyboard. Ooops. Can't even blame it on the kitten. I went right to Amazon. I have a one-click account there, so I didn't have to worry about using the keyboard that wasn't working. The mouse was still functioning. I couldn't type in what I wanted, but I kept using submenus until I found a replacement for my keyboard. Clicked once and bought it. Clicked once more and added 1-day delivery. The UPS driver brought it to my house at 10 a.m. today. I didn't even have to turn the computer off (like we did in the olden days), just unplugged the old keyboard and plugged in the new one.
I love Apple and Amazon. I wish Apple made show chicken cages that I could order on Amazon and they would be here the next day completely assembled and ready to add chickens.
I also love that Amazon invented the Kindle (I've been told it was designed by a former Apple employee) and that I can one-click any book I want and start reading it within 5 minutes.
Colostrum vs. Collagen: Which One Should You Take?
-
Colostrum and collagen offer unique and synergistic benefits. Although I
prefer one overall, adding both to your regimen can offer the best of both
worlds.
4 hours ago
8 comments:
I like my Kindle also. I liked the first one so much I got the next one up...now I have TWO Kindles and I read on both of them all the time.
I also get their free books...do you?
Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com
http://deltacountyhistoricalsociety.wordpress.com
I would have turned my keyboard upside down and waited 2 hours. That worked on my computer keyboard years ago. Of course, I would be turning the laptop upside down since I don't have just a keyboard.
That was great the submenus worked for you on their site.
I can see it now... the iCoop. ;-)
LOL iCoop. Just add chickens. I'm with you on Apple products. And Amazon. It's a brave new world.
To avoid future drink spillage over your keyboard Jan why not buy a feeder cup - you know the sort that we give to small children. I believe you'll be able to buy one via Amazon. A flamingo pink one would suit you.
P.S. Is your blog sponsored by Apple or did they brainwash you years ago?
iCoop? Where can I camp out in line for one? It's for sure it will be elegant and sturdy. YP, my relationship with Apple started because of my job, which was in graphics. It was, and as far as I know still is, the industry standard. Before Macs all my work was done with coding on a mainframe computer, so it's not like I am a computer sissy. These days, when everyone has a computer as a toy, it probably doesn't make a lot of difference, but for most of my career, Macs were not only the ONLY solution, but the best. I also stick by Adobe, except I always preferred Freehand to Illustrator, and as good as Pagemaker and InDesign were and are, there are still things we could code that they can't do, like conditional tabulation (tabs that automatically reconfigure when a line measure is changed). I was never brainwashed AGAINST Microsoft, either, that aversion just came naturally. Luckily we didn't have to use their products much in graphics and fine typography because they were coarse and unreliable. These days you can run Adobe products on PCs, but if you have to use Windows as an operating system, you're shooting yourself in the foot.
Shortly after I got the typesetting job at ATG that you had a part in, I spilled a whole cup of coffee -- fortunately black -- on my keyboard. This was when "personal computer" meant Commodore 64. We were using some dedicated typesetting system, don't remember which one -- and a new keyboard probably went for $500. I assumed my job was history, but Jim Decker (owner's son) took the keyboard, rinsed it in distilled water, and put it in a slow oven to dry out.
worked fine. I would have doubts if the spillage was acidic (e.g., carbonated soda), or some smoothie full of solids. But black coffee/water drinkers, rejoice.
Ken, Jim could do that because he's Jim. If I put the old keyboard in the oven, I'd probably forget it was there and burn the house down. Or at least make it stink pretty bad.
Post a Comment