Sunday, April 19, 2009

Classmates

I’ve said it before, one thing I love about living where I do is sharing a long history with other people who live here.

Yesterday there was a memorial service for a wonderful lady who had lived across the street for 62 years. My brother and I played with her kids. My kid played with her grandkids.

There were lots of people from the area at the service. Here is one who was in my class at school.


It’s Robert. I don’t like to give last names on the Internet. Those of you who know him know what his name is. If you don’t know him it doesn’t matter.

This is us in 2nd Grade.


Here is an interesting fact: Robert's middle name is Lloyd. My son Bob is also Robert Lloyd. The older Robert’s parents are Betty and Lloyd. Bob’s grandparents are Betty and Lloyd. One day out of the blue this coincidence struck me.

Bob wasn’t named after Robert, not even subliminally. (You know how words just seem to go together in your mind, like 40 and carrot?) Bob was named after my uncle Robert and John’s dad Lloyd. The Betty and Lloyd coincidence is just weird.

Anyway, the older Robert didn’t recognize me, not even with a lot of hints. He did remember we had a punch out in 4th Grade. His memory is not very good though, he thought he won that battle.

Here is another picture I took, of our neighbor’s grandkids and Bob. This is Nick and Bob, Shane and his significant other.

No comments: