Sunday, April 5, 2009

Life Experiences

Bob has always been pretty careful. When he was a baby, if you told him something was hot, he’d listen and stay away from it. He didn’t have to learn this the hard way. So it’s always a surprise to find him doing something less than wise.

This morning I watched him pour himself a bowl of cereal. He always uses a salad bowl, it probably holds 3 cups of cereal. He was preparing to eat 3 cups of extra heavy duty All Bran buds.

I said, “I don’t think that’s a good idea. Why don’t you eat the Raisin Bran instead?”

“Raisin Bran, All Bran, what’s the difference?” He asked. I was tempted to let him find out for himself, but we live in the country and have to maintain our own plumbing.

When I got home that afternoon, a very windy afternoon, he had torn the roof off the chicken shed. There he was, up on the roof in a windstorm, and his health insurance had lapsed two days before. Oh my.


The remodel has begun. In practically no time, he says, the chicken shed will become a game room. It won’t take any time at all. Mark this date on your calendar.

No comments: