Actually, we used this tub as a horse trough. It’s been sitting on its side “out back” for awhile. Bob thought it would look nice with his backyard remodel project, so he dragged it into the yard and set it up for me.
Oh shucks! Now I have to make a trip to Green Acres. The sacrifices I make!
Having Bob around is almost like the years my mom and I lived together. We were good gardening partners, she specialized in hacking things up and I specialized in planting.
Mom would hack at the weeds, then hack at the dirt for a few days and I’d have a nice, new place to plant flowers. It was only a problem when she’d run out of weeds and start “pruning” my flowers out of season. In those days we didn’t have Round-Up or there wouldn’t have been a live plant for miles. Mom’s favorite season was fall because then she didn’t have to hack at the vegetation, it was dried up and she could burn it. We didn’t have “no burn” days then, either.
People have asked where Bob is working. He’s cooking at the Wildhawk Grille. That’s at the Wildhawk Golf Course off Vineyard and Gerber in the south area. You might think, because there’s an “e” at the end of the word “grill,” that this is a very classy place. Actually it seems more like a place for the masses. I’m sure anyone I know would feel comfortable there. The public is welcome at the grill (which is open for breakfast and lunch. And unlike the snob club up the road from Cosumne, there isn’t a dress code to keep the denim folks away from the Ralph Lauren people.
Bob’s having fun. He says it’s hot enough in the kitchen that our house with no air conditioning feels cool when he gets home.
No comments:
Post a Comment