
It was Trudy.

Yes, she really was waiting for ME. She knows when I get home, she knows my car, and she knows I always have puppy chow in the back of my car for her.
People have asked if Trudy misses Rudy. Probably nowhere near as much as I miss him. Trudy has been on her nest on the horse barn roof for 2 months. She had no eggs, but when she’s on the nest she is very single-minded. She finally came down during the worst part of the rain storm, and it looks like she’s finally given up on the nest.
I’m worried she might start wandering when she realizes she’s alone. There are peacocks a half mile away both up and down the highway. You can hear them call this time of the year. I’ve already been offered a couple of male peacocks. Rudy was pretty special, I don’t want to try to replace him.
Nancy asked if I saved Rudy’s feathers. I have a couple. By the time I got home that afternoon, someone else had picked them up. That’s OK. I have lots of pictures and good memories.
And at least for a while I still have Trudy.
No comments:
Post a Comment