
None of us has accomplished much this month except work, work, work. Even the Captain, who is retired and stays home all day, hasn’t been able to finish a project. Or even get it started. He hasn't even gone to see the new Star Trek movie yet. (Bob did.)
At work, I'm still working on the same long drawn-out project from hell that has kept me busy since last Thanksgiving. It’s the Zombie project, it refuses to die or even be completed so we can move on to other things.
Bob’s construction project has lost some steam since he started a new job. He has only one day off this week, it’s hard to do everything in a day. He’s enjoying his work though, cooking at a restaurant. Yep, that’s what I said. Remember this is the boy who took cooking in 4-H when he was 8. He had a wonderful leader who taught the kids to make everything from scratch: stuffed Cornish game hens, apple pie, pizza, biscuits and gravy.
The title of his first gold medal demonstration was “How to Make Biscuits Better Than Your Mom’s.” His biscuits WERE better than mine. He puts together a great stir-fry in the summer, out of veggies from the Corn Stand. Well, mostly great. I wasn’t too fond of the nopalitos mixed in with zucchini and peppers.
I don’t know that cooking professionally is his life’s dream. But he always puts his best effort into work and enjoys his coworkers. I think he’d make a great waiter eventually, and he’d probably prefer the later hours. Some mornings he’s out of here by 6 a.m. Can you believe that?
I haven’t had time to sew. Haven’t even had time to read, though I did sneak a book in yesterday just so I could learn to use my new geek toy. I’ll tell you all about that when I have more time.
To keep you all informed, we never found the missing kittens. Not even a trace of them.
Trudy is still here. I turn the Anconas out every morning to keep her company. I don’t think they like her, but she stays busy herding them around. In the afternoons when I get home I let George out for a while. Trudy plays hide and seek with him. George always hides and Trudy hunts for him.
All the rain we had was really good for the garden. The lilies are blooming, lots of other stuff is coming up. I see new shoots on the hibiscus. I’m glad I didn’t pull it up when it froze back this winter. The tomatoes are almost to the top of their cages, with lots of blooms.
I trapped a raccoon a couple of nights ago. He had injured one of the Ancona hens, but it looks like she’ll be OK.
I got my new Kaiser shoes. I’ll tell you more about them later, but they at least fit my feet, they’re 9W instead of the 11WWs I was given before. I can almost walk. I’ve done the half mile track around the field twice now. It’s slow and ugly, but I can do it.
I hope you're all enjoying these beautiful days.
2 comments:
If you need someone to see Star Trek with you I'll totally go!
Where is Bob cooking?
Nancy
Post a Comment