Friday, May 22, 2009

Lilyville

I planted 38 lilies last fall. I didn’t expect some of them to make it, I bought them because I felt sorry for them. They were left over from the previous spring planting season, all shriveled up there in the bins at Home Depot. If anything has a chance to live, it will happen in the wonderful soil where I live.

Here are a couple of the earliest lilies. There are some pink ones coming along that will be nice, too.



This isn’t a lily, of course, it’s a rose.


A miniature rose that Aunt Patty gave me last year. It was in a tiny pot and when it stopped blooming in the kitchen window, I split it in two and moved it outside. This is just one of the pieces, the other is at the opposite end of the flower bed and is also doing well.

I hope you’re not bored with flower pix, it looks like it will be a good year for them.

No comments: