Saturday, November 21, 2009

Flak

I knew I'd catch some flak over my comments about Pearl Harbor, especially from relatives. That's OK. I respect everyone's opinion, I just don't always agree. I've had anti-war sentiments since I was 15 (different war, same sentiments). I think it's interesting that as we age, our outlook on life changes. Sometimes to the polar opposite.

When I hear young people who support whatever issue they're enthusiastic about, I often think "Yep, that's pretty much what I would have said before I became old and wise."

But my opinion about war has never changed, much to my surprise. It has only gotten stronger.

If you're a red-white-and-blue, flag waving person, I have a picture just for you today. The last one I took, as the bus was leaving the parking lot.

2 comments:

Bernard said...

I guess they were American then?

Jan Blawat said...

I suppose so, there was a whole family of them all dressed alike and they caught the eye no matter where they were. I didn't get to talk to them, though. I did talk to the Mennonite lady for a minute or two, there were two older couples and they were talking to relatives back in Ohio on their cell phones a lot. I wanted to ask her why they all wear dresses made out of the same pattern, and what's with the little hat, but by the time I felt I could ask that without seeming intrusive her phone range again and I had to get back to the bus. Guess I'll have to look that up on the internet, unless someone knows.