While the blizzards rage across the west, electric lines are down, things are rough for a lot of folks. I feel really sorry for them and wish them the best.
Meanwhile the little Buck stove is just plugging along and keeping my very well-insulated house cozy and warm. So, to the Sacramento county officials who want to do away with woodfires to lower pollution that is caused by traffic and overpopulation that they've encouraged, I say BAH!
To the people who live in McMansions that cover their entire postage-stamp size lot, I ask, "Do you really need that much space to live?" I'm sure they'll be asking themselves when they get their next electric or gas bill.
Things are not really very bad here in the Sacramento Valley. We had a dusting of snow and it's been very chilly (in the low 20s) but it gives us an opportunity to actually USE those coats we own.
The nasturtiums turned to mush overnight. The bougainvillea is dearly departed, and I'm sure the avocado tree will lose all its leaves this year. That's OK, it'll give me a chance to prune things back in the spring. And if something croaks, OMG! I'll have to go to Green Acres and buy replacement plants. The hardest part will be making myself wait and see what didn't make it.
Meanwhile, I hope all of you, my loved ones, are warm and toasty.
XOX
Colostrum vs. Collagen: Which One Should You Take?
-
Colostrum and collagen offer unique and synergistic benefits. Although I
prefer one overall, adding both to your regimen can offer the best of both
worlds.
39 minutes ago
3 comments:
Thanks Jan. I know I don't exactly qualify as 'a loved one', but me and the cats are cozy and warm. We have had a slight frost one night last week and believe it or not it only caught a few of my nasturtiums. I have never known them to get through November before! I actually picked my very last tomato yesterday from the greenhouse. I now need to get out and clear all the dead plants. But...we have had rain, rain and still more rain.....but at least it is fairly mild and we save on fuel bills.
BAH is a very mild word to use. I have a feeling I might come up with something a bit stronger if they tried to ban my open fire.
Cheers....Bernard
Even people who live in the foothills, where the electricity goes out often, have failed to install an auxiliary wood stove because they're being discouraged. So now they're snowed in with no electricity (and even some propane systems need electricity to work, I'm told). As IF government officials actually have any common sense. If they did, they wouldn't let so many people build out there in the boonies, let alone put them in a position where they can't take care of themselves in an emergency.
so darn cold here and no snow - didn't think you got snow at all down there - now you can see why we (up north) are so sad to see that killing frost come - great post about the size of houses these days and your comment here is interesting as well - you stay warm too, peace
Post a Comment