Please read Hazel Dene's wise words on food security in her Sunday blog. I'll put a link at the end.
Hazel is from Australia, but every single thing she talks about (except Vegemite) is true here as well.
The farming we do here in our little valley is a great example of how things can work. There are a variety of crops, they require lots of hand labor (thus, many employed people) and because they are sold directly to the public, the food is still cheaper than in the stores. It is also fresher. Every penny that is made here goes back to our community.
Even so, we are constantly on guard to protect our property from county and state governments, and from the ever-present threat of developers. They can't build down here because Sloughhouse is on a very active floodplain. But they try to buy land where they can sink wells and siphon the water off to their developments.
I could rant for hours about this, but I'll let Hazel do it for me: Here.
Colostrum vs. Collagen: Which One Should You Take?
-
Colostrum and collagen offer unique and synergistic benefits. Although I
prefer one overall, adding both to your regimen can offer the best of both
worlds.
4 hours ago
2 comments:
Oh, how I agree! You have said it well!
Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com
Thanks for bringing this to our attention Jan. Peace
Post a Comment