This is the booth at the end of the day. See that white rack on the right? I put ALL those cards in it.
OK, so I'm not much help, but I'm good company.
One day I drove up the valley to Lincoln and met Carlotta at Jim and Carolyn's Tennessee Walking Horse stable.
![]() |
| Jim, Carolyn, Baby Girl the horse, Me, Carlotta |
Jim, Carlotta and I were all kids together, hanging around horse shows. As they reminded me today, I was more like their mom, trying to keep them out of trouble all the time. If they weren't IN trouble, they were causing it. Mostly I was a very good kid and stayed out of trouble. Except one time someone brought a gallon of Gallo Port to the barn and we all got sick on it.
I was really proud of Carlotta, she hadn't ridden in more than 20 years, but she gave it a try.
She even found a little blue roan gelding to ride that reminded us both of the horse she used to show, Royal Perfection. We all had a great time visiting, then Carlotta and I stopped for dinner on the way home. As we were leaving the restaurant, a man at another table stopped me and said, "Pardon me, but are you related to this lady?" He pointed to one of the ladies at his table. "You two look so much alike," he said, "you must be related. So we had our picture taken together.
We weren't related. And we don't really resemble each other. For one thing, she was a cute little lady who doesn't share my doofus smile. But we could have been long-lost twins, you know, even though she's half my size, and is probably 15 years younger. It always pays to investigate these things.





2 comments:
See the top three dancers. Was the middle one sponsored by a meat company by any chance?
I think this comment goes with the next post. Did you hide it here because you knew I was going to slap you around a bit for "fat" jokes?
I really hate to tell you - and millions of other guys - this, but women get pretty tired of being judged like a slab of meat. Maybe that's why women in those countries where men are the most Neanderthal choose to cover themselves from head to toe.
So, just become a vegetarian if meat offends you.
Post a Comment