Saturday, September 3, 2011

WTF?


From this morning's Huffington Post, an article about the Guinness book of records.

Whenever I read about other people, I put myself in their shoes, feeling what their lives are like. There were slides of two women who are vying for "fattest mom." I put on their shoes and didn't like it. They were both desperate for some kind of attention and were willing to eat themselves into oblivion for it. One contender is eating 22,000 calories a day. How does anyone afford that much food? Women like this give those of us who constantly struggle with our weight a bad name. Pox on them.

There were several people with conditions they were born with. Their lives feel to me like people who are just coping with circumstances, "Yeah, so I have too many fingers and toes. I still have to live every day the same as other people do." Though in places like India it seems these things can make you money.

But the old fart in the picture above just says to me, "I-I-I-I am the most important person in the world. Screw the rest of you." He dishonors his wife - hello, isn't sex determined by the male? - his daughters, and everyone else who has to plug their nose when he's around. And why does he think the gods like stinky people? Is there some religion that says that?

This picture could just as easily have been taken anywhere on earth, not just India. There's just something about self-centered old farts that confounds me. And the world is full of them, and a lot of them give religion as their excuse.

1 comment:

Terry and Linda said...

I don't like fat either, a constant battle for me. 37!!!?!?!? years...I'll bet you can smell him a mile away.

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com