Friday, September 23, 2011

Various Vegetables

I won't post pictures of ALL the vegetables at Davis Ranch, there are so many your computer would explode trying to download them (if you don't have a Mac). Here are a few of my favorite pictures.

Beets - these are grown from May through October and sold with the greens attached.

Green Bell Peppers - they're the best in the fall, super crunchy.

Indian Corn. OK, this is more of a decoration than a food, but it's pretty.

Okra. A wonderful vegetable if you like boiled snot.

Purple Bell Peppers

Red Bell Peppers

And this photo is especially for my buddy Yorkshire Pudding, who perceives a hidden meaning in everything.

Armenian Gesturing Cucumber

5 comments:

One Fly said...

A single red pepper here costs about two bucks I think. What about these. I like okra but never buy iot and I should.

Jan Blawat said...

Bell Peppers are 50 cents each. On the off season, when I have to buy them at the store, they are probably $2.00.

Why would anyone who is not a redneck from the South buy okra?

One Fly said...

Because it can taste real gooood. It's those damn beets that are scary.

Jane and Chris said...

Is there anyone who actually eats (blech, yuck blech )okra?
Jane x

Yorkshire Pudding said...

The hidden meaning for Armenian growers is don't put male cucumbers together because they may end up fighting over the girl cucumbers.