The new sidewalks are in. What a difference a little concrete makes! This will be really nice in the winter, especially.
I was curious to see what Bob and his philosopher cousin Joe would write in the concrete. I was expecting some snappy phrase or wise saying. All I found was their initials and these funny arrows that go straight down the middle of the walkway.
What are these for? Maybe to guide the traffic? Are the backyard parties going to be so wild there will be a need for that?
Nope, turns out the boys didn’t do the arrows. They’re Trudy tracks. I love it. I should have recognized these, they're similar to Amanda's ankle tattoo.
The boys didn't write because they had been busy building a bench.
3 comments:
I'm impressed, that's a whole lotta work!
Steve next door is a real worker. I found out today that Trudy had marched down the middle of the concrete when it was really wet and the workers had to rebrush it while one of them kept her herded away from it. When Steve came back that evening to check the job, he was dismayed to see new tracks. He told Bob he'd try to brush them out again, but Bob said "No, leave them, my mom will love them."
And I do.
Me too. Reminds me of those sidewalks with leaf imprints. I remember dog prints in something when I was a kid, can't remember if it was a sidewalk or what.
Post a Comment