Sunday, May 31, 2009

One More Odd Thing


I used some soil from outside when I repotted one of my house plants. Now there’s a wild strawberry growing in the pot with it.

They grow like weeds in the flower garden. I pull them out because they don’t produce much fruit and they grow right over the top of my flowers. I’m not sure how they got here, maybe the birds planted them.

The houseplant is raggedy because the cats chew on it, then run in on the beige carpet and cack up hairballs. We’re very organic in this house.

1 comment:

Bernard said...

I have those little Alpine strawbs all over my garden as well. I don't dig them out any more..I just eat the strawbs!
I grow pots of 'cat grass' for my two...especially during the winter when other grass is not growing.
They still manage to be sick on the carpet though! I just can't train them to do it outside.
Cheers.......Bernard