Saturday, December 26, 2009

Quoting Andy Warhol

The latest issue of Hobby Farms quotes Andy Warhol:

"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want to own."


Wow. I never imagined that a strange New Yorker could speak so directly to my heart. Thanks Andy, wherever you are. (I know he's deceased. Or "late" as Precious Ramotswe would say.)

2 comments:

Yorkshire Pudding said...

Thnaks for dropping by my blog Jan. Not sure how you found it but it is always nice to have a new visitor. I imagine that if an American is instinctively against the conflict in Afghanistan, it may be very difficult to voice such an opinion without being accused of disloyalty. Enjoy what's left of Xmastime. Oroginal blog by the way! I will drop by again.

Jan Blawat said...

Hi there YP! I've been reading your blog for quite a while and don't remember how I got there, probably through Bernard. I loved your trip to Easter Island, and I've shared your remarks about teaching and its frustrations with the many teachers I work with. Nice to have you stop by.