Sunday, December 6, 2009

Three Sheets in Modesto


Google maps says it takes 1 hour and 21 minutes to get from my house to the Fat Cat bar in Modesto. Bob and I didn’t have that much time, so I gave the Rav4 her head, clucked “giddy-up” and we made it in 50 minutes.

What was the rush? We had tickets to a 7 p.m. show, “Drinking Made Easy,” with Zane Lamprey.

Huh? What, you ask? Never heard of Zane Lamprey? His show is called “Three Sheets.” He travels around the world drinking in bars and meeting people and telling interesting facts along the way. As I’ve said before, we don’t have a TV. Bob found the show on Hulu.com. He downloaded them and we watched the first 2 seasons in a week.

I don’t drink. I tried when I was younger and wasn’t very good at it. I especially detest beer, which they talk about a lot on the show. But I love the travel and educational aspects of it. Yeah, I know, that sounds like people who say they read Playboy for the articles. But it’s true.

You can see this show on your computer. Just go to Hulu.com and search for Three Sheets. My favorite program is Belgium, Year 1, Episode 1. You'll learn to give the signal for "Good Burp," so when everyone around you does it, you won't feel left out.

The show in Modesto started with a comedy routine by Mark Ryan, a comedian from Louisiana who is also a friend of Zane’s. He’s pretty gross. This is Mark.


The patrons didn’t seem to care, this was a bar after all and most of the audience was drinking along with the entertainers.

Zane’s show is a combination lecture/comedy routine and it’s often inappropriate. He used PowerPoints in his show. I got some good ideas to make our educational presentations at work more interesting.


What kind of young man would take his mother to see a show like this? Well, Bob originally got the second ticket for Alex, but Alex never called back. Thanks, Alex, I enjoyed your ticket!

1 comment:

Jen S. said...

Wow! I'm so jealous. Three Sheets is a favorite here at our house and at our neighbors' across the street.