Monday, July 30, 2012

Corn Festival

If you judge by how many cars there were and how loud and long the music played, the Corn Festival a couple of weeks ago was a success.

2012 Corn Festival
The sweet corn, as advertised, was at its best. Tomatoes were ripe and wonderful. Bell peppers were huge, thick, and crunchy. There were still snow peas, black eyed peas and green beans. The melons were coming in. The gals at the counter spent long days helping people with their produce.

Anna and Aleene
? and Mari
I'll check on Mari's friend's name, I see her every day but I'm having a senior moment. I think she needs an apron with her name on it.

I carefully examined all the stuff at all the booths and found these two items to be the most and the least expensive.

Cow skull plastered with turquoise $500, something everyone needs.

You don't need this if you have an "outie."
The ladies who sell fairy outfits for little girls were back. It amazes me that people buy this stuff. I call it butt fluff, like on a Cochin chicken.

Butt Fluff, low-slung "plumber" style.
At the other end of the class scale was the hat man. I know guys must buy hats because they see how great this fellow looks and want to look like him. In England this hat might be handy to keep the rain off, Mr. Pudding needs one of these when he hikes around his neighborhood.

The classy hat man
There were decorated flower pots, decorated t-shirts and sweat shirts, decorated knick knacks and doodahs. There were even some nicely decorated people.

Leg Art
Kids got to ride ponies.

Dream time for little girls
And lots of people took their kids on the tractor ride out to the fields.

"When the adults all sit down, we can go."
The most fun I had at the Corn Festival was visiting with people who stopped by, including my newest relative, Charley.

Charley.... smile compliments of his Aunt Em





4 comments:

Practical Parsimony said...

Okay, I need to know more about the butt fluff. I love them! Is that attached to the jean shorts? Or, is the fairy skirt worn normally at the waist? And, I know you called it butt fluff, but are the ribbons all the way around? I think they are adorable, but I am partial to little girl fluff.

Jane and Chris said...

We Brits look STOOOOOPID in cowboy hats....even if we have lived in N.America for 20+ yrs, we still can't pull it off!!
Jane x

Terry and Linda said...

Belly button brush....ick!


Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

Jan Blawat said...

The young lady whose name I forgot is Vicky.